Monday, October 3, 2011

Dearest Mumsy and Papi...

A silly poem I wrote for my world traveling parents. Love and miss you!


Nothing is quite the same without you around,
only reflections of your living- why, they abound. 
Your messes lay lonely, your projects unfinished,
the days go quite smoothly, but the quality is diminished. 


Your voice, your words I'd love to hear,
I must take them for granted when you are near.
Always ready for whatever is needed,
you give of yourself time that is pleaded.


Give it a week, or maybe a couple,
and life will be normal with all of it's bustle.
But until you come back and complete what is missing,
please know, of times past,  I'll be here reminiscing. 





2 comments:

  1. Your parents should be proud. Haha, I love this, Jami :)

    Love, Joanna

    ReplyDelete